Tuesday, December 22, 2009

It's a Naked Island Christmas


Naked Island brewery, or Nogne Ø, makes a lot of interesting beers. The one I tried last Sunday is called Peculiar Yule (I wish they wouldn't change the name for export - original languages give me such a cheap thrill). This is a dark ale infused with lots of different spices to give it that festive spririt. Not too alcoholic, around 6.5 percent, therefor not knocking me completely out before dinner was over. This is apparently not the same as their Julenadder (or if it is, they don't specify). This beer is not included on their webpage, which is a little confusing. That or they don't update their webpages that often. Who knows? Someday I'll talk to brewers.

Anyway, flavors of ginger, cinnamon, cloves and of course, cardamom come wafting up out of the glass. It's a rich reddish-brown ale, well-balanced between hops and malts, a touch sweet.

It's Christmas, after all - who wants a bitter Jul?

No comments:

Post a Comment